PRINCE'S VISITS TO THE UNITED STATES
Since His accession to the Throne in 2005, H.S.H Prince Albert II has made several journeys to the USA, showing the importance of the relationship between the two countries.
- September 24, 2007: H.S.H. Prince Albert II participated in a high-level meeting at the U.N. on climate change.
- September 26, 2007: H.S.H. the Prince inaugurated the Embassy of Monaco in Washington D.C.
- October 2008: In relation to His Foundation, H.S.H. Prince Albert II visited the Field Museum in Chicago and went to New York.
- April 6, 2009: H.S.H Prince Albert II came to Washington for the 50th anniversary of the Antarctic Treaty. On this occasion He met Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- September 22, 2009: H.S.H. Prince Albert II participated at a high-level meeting at the United Nations on climate change.
- October 20, 2009: H.S.H. Prince Albert II received the “Theodore Roosevelt” Award from the International Conservation Caucus Foundation on Capitol Hill.
- October 23, 2009: H.S.H. the Prince received the “Roger Revelle” prize, from Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, California.
- November 30 and December 1, 2009: H.S.H. Prince Albert II participated to the “Antarctic Treaty Summit” in Washington D.C. and visited the Consulate General of Monaco in New York.
- April 12 and 13, 2010: H.S.H. the Prince of Monaco gave a speech in Boston, Massachusetts, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), to preset the activities of the Prince Albert II Foundation.
- September 20, 2010: H.S.H. Prince Albert II participated at the Opening Ceremony for the Climate Week in New York. The “Millennium Developments Goals” were attributed to the Prince in recognition of His “global leadership and passionate commitment as a champion of the cause of Peace through Sport”.
- March 5, 2011: H.S.H. participated in the Official Opening of the Arts of the Olympians Museum/Gallery in Fort Myers, Florida.
- May 6, 2011: H.S.H. the Prince was inducted into the International Swimming Hall of Fame (ISHOF) at Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- November 1, 2011: TT.SS.HH. Prince Albert II and Princess Charlène of Monaco attended the traditional Evening Gala given by the “Princess Grace Foundation (USA)" in New York.
- February 26, 2012: Visit of TT.SS.HH. The Sovereign Prince and Princess Charlene of Monaco attended the 84th Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.